Monday 28 December 2015

Turkey & Gammon Pie.

Ever wondered what to do with the yummy left-overs that you have at Christmas. We seemed to have a lot of surplus food this year, many people do tend to over cook on the off chance that relatives may come round. I wanted to use my turkey and gammon up but not just have them on  a plate with meat and veg. 

So I rustled up this scrummy pie. I made them in takeaway tubs- as I am going to freeze them and get them out when I fancy them (I tried to make them look as appealing as possible in the picture).

1. I fried half an onion, with a big spoon of butter for a few minutes. 

2. I then boiled the kettle with a chicken stock cube, and In a jug I mixed this stock cube and 200ml of boiling water thoroughly. I then added half of it to the browning onion.  

3. After I done this I added two tea spoons of flour, and then add a tea spoon of ordinary gravy granules to thicken up the paste. Then I added the rest of the water and if you needed more water you add a one more tea spoon of flour and one more off gravy granules making a thick sauce paste. 

4. Once this is done you can add some frozen peas, and your chopped gammon and turkey. Mix thoroughly for a few minutes.

5. Then pour into containers. You can then either use ready roll shortcrust or puff pastry, or you can make your own. Bake this for 30 minutes on 180 degrees. 

And there you have it a perfect pie to eat up now for a yummy tea or to pop in the freezer for a convenient meal on the go. 

1 comment:

  1. I've never thought of turning leftovers into a pie before, brilliant idea!

    http://IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete